Depot Theater Company Office Manager
The Depot Theater Company is currently accepting resumes for the position of Office Manager. We will be accepting them through July 1st or until a candidate is hired. You may drop off your resume at our office located in the Homestead Theater 201 E. Wyatt Earp Blvd., mail it to PO Box 661 Dodge City, KS 67801 or you may send it via email at email@example.com. For more information regarding the position, view the job description here Office Manager Position 2018
The Depot Theater Company is now accepting applications for a Technical Director. See the requirements and details below.
Depot Theater Company
Position Title: Technical Director
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Determines the required technical support necessary for performances presented by DTC in advance of production dates.
- Coordinates with the performance Director to support the artistic vision for the production; develops effective deadlines and schedules for technical aspects to support production timelines; participates in production meetings.
- Designs, sets up, maintains, and operates lighting and sound systems for theater, dance, music, and other productions and projects; assists guest designers and artists with technical matters.
- Designs and constructs the stage set that ensures the safety of artists, stage crew and audience; oversees stage set strike.
- Recruits, trains, supervises stage crews and volunteer staff.
- Arranges for repair and replacement of stage equipment within budgetary constraints; performs maintenance on equipment as coordinated with the Executive Director.
- Assists with the preparation and control of production budgets; maintains inventory and orders specialized supplies.
- Maintains inventory records of materials, supplies, and equipment.
- Performs minor facility maintenance duties under the direction of the Executive Director.
- Work with the Executive Director on technical equipment upgrades, replacements and new additions.
- Insure that software, firmware and hardware of all technical equipment is up to date.
- Responsible for maintaining backstage and stage to include resolution of safety issues to assure compliance with all related safety and health codes.
- Completes other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Executive Director.
Preferred Education: BA/BFA Theatre/Drama from an accredited college or university
Minimum Experience: 1-2 years working with volunteer staff in community theater setting.
Work experience to include set design and construction and coordination, directing, and training volunteers. Considerable experience in designing and constructing sets, lighting design, and audio system operation are required.
A working knowledge of digital audio consoles, specifically the Yamaha M7 or comparable.
Experience working with, trouble shooting and programming ETC sensor dimming systems, unison control systems and the EOS consoles.
A background working with and maintaining fly systems (Arbor and Sand Bag) counter weight designs.
Preferred Experience: Same requirements as above, with three (3) to five (5) years as technical director in community theatre or college theatre. Demonstrated capability to maintain and repair equipment and facilities.